Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Hi, I'm Bri and I'm a sushi addict.

Yesterday was band practice. Due to life being all life-y at me, I ended up not eating lunch until after I got to our drummer's house (ie: practice space). It was a small frozen noodle meal paired with a can of tuna, and while tasty and low-cal, I was hungry when I got home. Suddenly, one bowl of cereal turned into two, plus two roll-ups of Havarti cheese and lunch meat. I still had less than 2500 Calories, but I learned I need to plan a little better to insure I have filling meals so I don't mindlessly snack.

Today I had a doctor's appointment. I updated her on my new inspiration and that I was limiting myself to 2500 Calories a day (and had stayed under that so far). She was happy with this, though she asked why I hadn't continued to lose since my initial 30-lb drop. I continued talking with her about my current living situation, and how stressful it's become for the Hubs and myself. She nodded and explained emotions mess with everything (obviously). When one part of our well-being is out of whack, the entire body is out of whack. Long story short, I'll be looking into a therapist soon to help guide me to better myself. Doc also told me one burns more calories in the winter because our bodies need to heat up when we're outside, so walking outside is a bonus. So... I'll need to do that, even in the FIVE DEGREE weather we're having >_<

Meanwhile, Hubster wanted sushi after my appointment. A local chain grocer has some tasty sushi so I popped in to see their selection. I'm pleased that they offer brown rice sushi as well, though the selection isn't usually as wide. I asked the woman at the counter if she could make other items with brown rice and she said she could, if told in advance. She makes all her brown rice items in the morning (I assume because it's not as popular as white rice), but has return customers who call in and request it on certain days every week. She pointed out some flyers with a few examples of their offered sushi, so I've taken them to get familiar with what they have.

In the end I grabbed a Chef's Sampler for Andrew, as it had what appeared to be the best selection of salmon (which he'll eat raw if given the chance), a brown rice Spicy California Roll for myself, and we split a Hawaiian Roll (which had 12 pieces total). After looking up the foods online and doing a little over-estimation, and adding in the small amounts of sriracha, soy sauce, and soda I had, I ended up with a <650 lunch (that is, without the dessert I almost forgot I ate! Gotta write things down immediately!). Rather happy that I can keep eating sushi!!

**

It's the end of the day, and I've had a late dinner. I felt it important to show the total of my day.

Breakfast
Cereal: 360
Skim Milk: 90

Lunch
Soy Sauce (2 TB): 20
Sriracha: 5
Spicy CA: 286
Hawaiian roll: 300
Soda: 20
Donut: 310

Dinner
Tortillas: 160
Sour cream: 20
Salsa: 5
Black Beans: 110
Cheese: 110
Taco Meat: 100*

Total: 1896 Calories

* Until I get a food scale, I can only go by generic internet nutrition guides. I had 3 Tbs of taco meat, and of the few sources I found, most had less than 100 Calories for 1/4 cup (or 4 Tbs). I rounded up to account for the fat-to-meat ratio (which I don't know) and any 'secrets' in the seasoning.

If I have a snack before bed, it will be a donut (310) and some milk (90). That will be 400 extra calories to what I have, still putting me under my 2500 daily goal (at 2296 Cals). I mostly am putting this here so I don't have to amend it later if I do in fact snack on that very tempting donut. I ended up going with the BiL to Burger King and getting a medium caramel frappe without whipped cream. That's somewhere under 500 calories (and as such, under my goal) but I'm unsure how much. No, I didn't need it. I'm still learning to control such urges.

No comments:

Post a Comment